Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fourteen Days

Two weeks from now holds bitter sweet feelings for me.

On one hand, I am stoked cause the lives of a few close friends will be changed in amazing ways!!

Two of them to be married.

Another will be moving north to live life.

On the other hand, the selfish hand, change is hard.

My head knows that God is going to be with them and that the adventures he has ahead for each of them is going to be spectacular! But my heart is slow to catch on, & currently, I just feel that am going to miss the way it was, and the adventures we had.

The memories are sweet though.

I’m just bad at keeping up with friends.

I’m even worse at goodbyes.

….

Don’t mind me; it's just one of those sentimental moods.

2 comments:

  1. I love you. thanks for sharing how you feel. you're worth sticking with...even after marriage :) I know that it's not the same to say that "oh we'll still be close after we get married", but I know things will be different. BUT I do know that we still still be close :) so I am staying encouraged. I pray hard that you will be too :) I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for staying encouraged. Really; cause you are worth sticking with too :)
    I think it just hit me today.. and that was ... fun (sarcasm noted). I'll be fine, and we'll get through it!
    Change can be good & parties are so fun!!! Especially weddings :D
    On the bright side, you get to be married & I get to dance and wear a cute dress.. which will be purple!! And Ben gets to live in the rain (jealouss).

    ReplyDelete