Thursday, June 9, 2011

Luke 6:45

In my recent blog browsing I came across this statement:
In a sense, you are what you read. That’s why I like sharing what I’m reading. It’s more than what’s going on inside my mind. It’s who I’m becoming.
That hit me so hard!! I always thought about how what you read/watch affects your thoughts and actions. But the way Mark Batterson said it, It's who I'm becoming... that really made me think!  So the books I choose, the movies I watch, the magazines I read.. those are what I am choosing to become!?

Think about it, and please share your thoughts with me if you have any!

2 comments:

  1. I agree kind of...not always in the way the author intends
    I definitely agree that what we read does shape us, but not always in the way the author intends.
    I think there are too many people saying that they refuse to read a book because they heard that it does not match up with their theology.
    I think that in order for a person to have a wise well rounded philosophy (or theology) they need to take into account other viewpoints, otherwise their thinking becomes immature and one-sided.
    So yes I think what we subject ourselves to shapes us, but a wise person will look at it in light of what they know to be True, and THAT is what they become.
    Promise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that, if we see life thorough our own individual lenses; then what we read is through the same lense. And I really appreciate what you said about looking at it in light of truth. EVERYTHING. I'm gonna try to do that more!

    ReplyDelete