Sunday, January 29, 2012

From the Archives: This one's been sitting as a draft for a while now & is begging for your thoughts... finally :)

My cat’s name is Penne, you know, like the pasta!? Well her full name is Penelope Love Butt, but we’ll stick with Penne. Anyways!! So Penne.

I was thinking just now. A while back I had been worried about her cause she seemed so restless. Always following me around. Meowing more than usual. Getting antsy when we snuggled, and biting. All the time. Not to mention she was “missing the litter box”, if ya know what I mean!! Just completely out of character.

So I fussed over her. I worried about her. I lost sleep and I lost time because of it.

Then I realized I was losing my mind because of it.
I had let this little pet of mine control me.
Not on purpose; and it wasn’t manipulation.
It was worry.
So after much effort and realizations.. I stopped.

I simply stopped. I stopped worrying about her.

She was here for me.

I began to notice that she was happier.
She was less whinny.
She wanted to play outside.
She made it to the litter box.

It is only now though that I realize that Penne is no more than a reflection of my emotions. If I’m happy, she’s happy. If I’m nervous, so is she. If I lose sleep, the little one is restless. Yes, she still bites; but that’s just her saying “I’m hungry”.

She looks at me for food, water, fun, rest. She meows when I get home, and she stares when I leave. The thing sleeps, or stares at me. I am her everything (aside from moths). If I am well, she is well. So I need to be well.

There is a metaphor in here.. something I can learn about how I interact with God. I’m certain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment